Monday, January 22, 2007

What Happens When You Buy A Dell?

Last Thursday (Jan 18th, 2007), this is what happened with one of our Dell laptop batteries. The battery literally exploded in our user's face while he was working on his laptop that night. He wasn't hurt though, just shaken.

Laptop battery explosions aren't a myth everyone. These things really happen & I finally had a camera handy to take pics to prove it.

If you have a Dell laptop, click here to find out if your battery needs to be replaced free-of-charge by Dell.




8 comments:

soso said...

This happened with sony too, the problem was with sony factory which made the batteries for both companies

but they stopped selling them last year...why didnt u change yours?

Mini Я. said...

soso: we have hundreds of those laptops in different segments in my company.
Our recall program is a bit slower than the rest due to many users travelling constantly & all that. So it's a royal pain. :/
And we've been asking users to check on the site if they need to recall their batteries. Some didn't even bother replying to our monthly emails.

And to make things even worse, now *I* am responsible to deal with those. Which sucks, I already have enough on my plate.

Shopaholic Q8eya said...

email me dude

MacaholiQ8 said...

Damn. :/

I've posted about a Mac with a similar incident long ago. It must be overcharge or something.

Mini Я. said...

Shopa: I emailed you. :P

mac: actually its a problem from the battery factor itself. And by the way, Apple did a recall on some batteries too. Check their site. It's still on there. :)

I'm one of the few lucky ones who escaped the Apple recalls. And Dell. And Gateway..err..

I'm rambling.

Anonymous said...

holy crap, that looks like a car bomb gone totally wrong lol

Marzouq said...

Damn! Now that would really suck, since I have a dell work laptop and I use it on my lap a lot! i wonder how ad it is!

ananyah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.