Monday, April 24, 2006

Dazed & Confused

Through the babble of dream voices & the incoherent background chatter, I heard my name over and over again. My awareness slowly came to me and with a mind of their own, my eyelids jerked open. Despite my weakly protesting brain, I finally woke up and registered the fact that it's still sort of dark outside. I closed my eyes for a few seconds then grudgingly opened one to peer at the clock next to me. Crap it's 7:00 already and it's still dark? Not a good sign.

I found myself listening to the whirring of my electric toothbrush & stared at it wondering how it got there. Oh.

*BLANK*

"Onetallkenyatogopleasethankyou." Shit, how did I get to Starbucks already? I looked at my watch on the mobile, 15 minutes left.

*BLANK*

Faintly I remembered some crappy country music and then Linda's irritating voice slowly eating it's way through to the core of my very TEETH. I switched off the radio and finally my brain registered the fact that I'm parked already. Someone waved, I waved back. Someone else nodded, I bared my teeth at him.

Amazingly I survived the trip to work not even realizing how I got here. I haven't experienced this phenomenon in quite awhile.

Well...I'm finally awake after my 3rd coffee. 1 hour down, 8 more to go.

Oh and I wasn't late, will wonders ever cease?

3 comments:

Shopaholic Q8eya said...

I'm still half a sleep at the office, 6 more hours to go! woho.

Extinct Dodo said...

i woke up at 9 but my brain isnt ready yet to allow me to go to class which is in like 8 minutes..
i think ill go back to sleep

Obsessive Compulsive said...

funny, i've been getting that feeling all week!! I'm not usually a coffee drinker, but this week I couldnt get past the first hour of work without a cup of coffee!!