Saturday, January 28, 2006

Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

MS is thought to be an autoimmune disease that affects the central nervous system.

In MS, myelin(Nerve protector) is lost in multiple areas, leaving scar tissue called sclerosis. These damaged areas are also known as plaques or lesions. Sometimes the nerve fiber itself is damaged or broken which causes alot of disabilities in the brain and body.

There are four major types of MS :
*Relapsing-Remitting(Most common)
*Primary-Progressive
*Secondary-Progressive
*Progressive-Relapsing

There is no cure for MS yet, but drugs can help slow the course and/or symptoms in some patients.

Multiple Sclerosis is increasing dramatically in kuwait especially among women, although kuwait's geographic area is not in the diseas's danger zone.

For more information about MS visit http://www.nmss.org/

"اللهم اشفي مرضانا و مرضى المسلمين..اللهم ارفع عنَا و عن احبابنا و اهلينا و جميع المسلمين"

I'm proud to say that my wife is fighting MS and I swear to God shes the strongest woman I've ever met! I feel ashamed when a flu gets me!

All of my love and support to my lovely wife and I wish her a "flawless victory" against the damn diseas!

12 comments:

A7med said...

*salutes jay's wife..*

adaydreamer said...

Allah yeshfee your wife... ameeen ya rab!

very helpful information...

LaiaLy_q8 said...

allah yashfeeha o yashfee jamee3 el marthaa inshalla

Shopaholic Q8eya said...

She is a strong women. May she get over it soon.

Swair. said...

Alla yashfeeha oo yashfee jamee3 el marthaa enshallah :)

DareDevil said...

nice post

Mini Я. said...

pretty nice informative post, ppl should learn from such people as Neg's wife :)

Dee said...

Dear Mr. Negatively Charged,

I read your blog because for a short time I was a friend of R's and enjoyed his conversation. I debated as to whether or not I should write this, and will keep it brief. I also have an immunodeficient disease. Though it isn't similar to Mrs. Negatively Charged's illness, it is nonetheless a pain in the ass and will probably have many similar side effects.

People come and go in our lives so often Mr. Negatively Charged, it makes me sad. People profess to care, to be friends, and yet are gone at the drop of a hat. I can tell you without a doubt that you standing by your wife and supporting her helps her stay strong and fight, and that makes you quite a man in my eyes. Hang in man, I got your back.

Negatively Charged said...

Thanx all for your support & kindess.

dee: thank you for your great words and also wish you a "flawless victory" against your disease!

It wasnt just another "drama" post..Its just that I'm meeting alot of people who are suffering from MS.

oo ared o agool .. allah yejzakom khair oo lets post something funny this time for instance..R's pix :D

Mrs. Negative said...

"If there is a will, There is a way"

Thank you all for your support & wish you the best!

Dee: Hope you get rid of your disease and good luck.

Dee said...

Thank you Ms. NC - Stay strong, take it day by day and keep laughing, help others, and don't let it affect who you are. Savor every small victory, and most of all...keep laughing :)

Delicately Realistic said...

Allah ysahfeeha inshAllah!
Ajir o 3afya.