Friday, December 09, 2005

Chaotic pt. 2

In my previous blog titled "Chaotic" I asked three simple yet complex questions.

When was the last time you took a good long look within yourself? Exploring oneself is worth the experience. In this society, knowing oneself is pretty important for survival. Most of you out there know what I'm talking about, if you don't know yourself...then this society can grind you down brutally. We live in a schizophrenic society.

Individualism is an important tenet in life, why follow all the codes set down by the majority? Why dress like someone on TV? Why walk and talk like some superstar basketball player? Trend setters aren't there forever...your OWN self is there for a lifetime. Look up the word "Individualism" and see if you can apply it's definition to yourself.

I was inspired by Ralph Waldo Emerson, my favorite philosopher, to write this. I'd appreciate some more personal insights into this...are you an individualist?

1 comment:

McArabian said...

One complaint I have about Emerson is that he's all talk and no action. Thoreau at least had the gumption to actually go out and practice what he preached (although I think he cheated a bit but that's besides the point).

Individualism is all good, but one needs to keep in mind that Kuwaities live a community-based lifestyle, so some conformity is needed to survive.