Monday, November 28, 2005

Use Your Imagination


Hello once again dear reader. Today I'd like each & every one of you to tap into the imaginative part of your mind...and keep reading the following information.
The following is pretty interesting information about the Islamic World...and I say "world" because we are of one people, one language (the Koran is in Arabic) and one God.

There are 55 Islamic nations in the world. That's it?! Yep, thats it...but think of it this way...imagine all of those 55 nations are actually one great empire spanning over multiple continents. Remember our empire back before the crusades? Ok now that you see this empire...imagine the following numbers.

As of 2003 the muslim population has reached a staggering 1.70 billion (approx.). Imagine all those people are of ONE nation...what do you see in your mind?

McArabian posted an interesting article about the restrictions on Haj. And I p
osted this in tandem with the useful information she posted on her blog. Thanks McArabian for the useful info, I missed that one in the papers! :)

For any of you who are interested in the facts I posted above and my reference to the old islamic empire I mentioned..don't hesitate to check out the following links:

McArabian's McAnnoyances

Islamic World

Islamic Population

And last but not least I have been reading a great book called: A History of the Arab Peoples by Albert Hourani

I hope that interested you...food for thought everyone :)


3 comments:

SheWrites said...

Hey you,

Erm. How do I tell you who I am without actually giving up my identity? Just think back to our many Starbucks encounters, only to be followed by Hi5... etc. Hope you've figured it out.

Anyway, I know this is the wrong place to do this.. but, Jesus Christ, I just found your blog and was leafing through it when I saw Amer's picture.

My heart then stopped beating for a few seconds, I'm sure of it. I've been trying to contact him for the last few weeks and couldn't figure out why he wasn't answering. I had no idea. I can't believe I had no idea.

I'm so numb right now, I can't even describe it.

I guess I just wanted to say thank you for such a beautiful tribute to such a beautiful soul. He and I didn't know each other for very long, but it was long enough to establish a bond that I will cherish forever.

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss; but know you're not alone. He meant the world to so many people - to me - and I thank the stars he came into my life.

So thank you, R, for your loving tribute to one of the most beautiful, passionate people I've ever met.

And to you, sweet Captain, may you fly high in heaven. I love you.

RIP.

N.

McArabian said...

1.70 billion potential terrorists - no wonder the rest of the world is so scared ;)

jawaher said...

is this book written by britsish writer ??