Friday, October 07, 2005

Ramadan


Ramadan:
n 1: the ninth month of the Islamic calendar; the month of fasting; the holiest period for the Islamic faith

The above definition can be found at www.dictionary.com, I'm too lazy to search for much more detailed definitions, but this will serve the purpose for now.

As mentioned, it is the holiest period for us, yet what I see around me in Kuwait makes it a joke! I'm sure many others have observed how people act, I swear our ancestors are probably turning in their graves from what's going on around here. Women suddenly take a DEEPER interest in their looks (before iftar of course) and flaunt it for the whole world to see. MORE guys seem to chase after girls (again, before iftar) than any other "normal" month of the year.

I really can't say much about the ratio of people who fast & those who don't. Yet I have a strong suspicion that not many people actually keep it up.

Won't go any further into this, yet here's food for thought. We are hurtling head first into hell. I'll be the one holding the door open for everyone. ;)


No comments: