Thursday, October 27, 2005

Knocking On Heaven's Door


My phone kept vibrating endlessly this afternoon; call after call a friend trying to drag me out of the fog of sleep. When I finally managed to pick it up all I heard was hysterical sobbing, it was like a shockingly cold splash of water in my face. I asked what’s wrong and I couldn’t grasp what she’s trying to say through deep gulps of air and her sobbing. Then she managed to say my close friend’s name coherently, and from somewhere deep within me, I started feeling a chill crawling through my whole body. When I asked again what’s wrong, she finally managed to gasp out that he has had a car accident. I jerked out of bed, that single word “accident” reverberating through my whole body. I had a flashback of his phone call last night asking me if I’m going to meet up with him and the rest of the guys. Flashbacks of that joyride we had several months ago, six hours of driving around aimlessly and talking, no other sounds except our endless talking that has made our bond indestructible. She sobbed telling me he’s gone and I stupidly asked, “Gone where?” Denial. I am utterly in denial, like a whirlwind I called my best friend, the last person who was with him last night. Jerked him out of his sleep with the news, more phone calls…my brain is busting fuses; I’m starting to slow down. My body’s sirens shrieking and system shutdown is imminent. The whole day was a haze, hot tears coursing down my face. At the funeral I can’t look in his dad’s eyes. His little brother smiles at me gently, I forced a smile back and hugged him tight telling him my brother will come to see him tomorrow. I felt like a faucet crying on and off all day and night. The last I ever heard of him was “ha katkoot, wainek? Are you coming man?” and I remember laughing & telling him I might be really late…I never made it there. I know you’re in a better place now, with one heart we all miss you. I will never forget your elf like smile and your hilarious outlook on life. I thank God for that brief chance of hearing your voice only a mere one hour before all this. Capt. Amer Al-Ajmi – Rest In Peace – You dreamed of being a pilot, flying high through the blue skies. Your dream has finally been realized…fly safe.

14 comments:

Shopaholic Q8eya said...

He will be missed by friends, family and loved ones. Lets pray that heaven will be his new home.

Anonymous said...

may he rest in peace .. we will always remember u my friend .. and we wil pray for u always day in and day out and as for me i will never forget that smile on ur face and that sweet looking face of urs .. he was a smiling persone i never so him with out that smile on his face .. never the less his sweet kind heart ... God rests ur soul my friend and i will never ever forget u

Anonymous said...

may he rest in peace .. we will always remember u my friend .. and we wil pray for u always day in and day out and as for me i will never forget that smile on ur face and that sweet looking face of urs .. he was a smiling persone i never so him with out that smile on his face .. never the less his sweet kind heart ... God rests ur soul my friend and i will never ever forget u .... ur friend Ali AL-Mubarak

Anonymous said...

I am still shocked from what i have read. Its was something unexpected. Allah Yer7emek oo Ya'3fer lik inshallah. I will miss you or actually i am missing you already. I didn't get the chance to say goodbye :S Missed your jokes, smile oo sowalfik. I hope you are at a better place now :S I will never forget you. And again, Alla yer7emek :S OO ra7 nad3eelik 3ala 6ool. "Ina lilah oo ilaih Raje3on" DuBLiNia

Anonymous said...

I am still shocked from what i have read. Its was something unexpected. Allah Yer7emek oo Ya'3fer lik inshallah. I will miss you or actually i am missing you already. I didn't get the chance to say goodbye :S Missed your jokes, smile oo sowalfik. I hope you are at a better place now :S I will never forget you. And again, Alla yer7emek :S OO ra7 nad3eelik 3ala 6ool. "Ina lilah oo ina ilaih Raje3on" DuBLiNia

Anonymous said...

And you as well must die, beloved dust,
And all your beauty stand you in no stead,
This flawless, vital hand, this perfect head,
This body of flame and steel, before the gust
Of Death, or under his autumnal frost,
Shall be as any leaf, be no less dead
Than the first leaf that fall, --- this wonder fled.
Altered, estranged, disintegrated, lost.

Nor shall my love avail you in your hour.
In spite of all my love, you will arise
Upon that day and wander down the air
Obscurely as the unattended flower,
It mattering not how beautiful you were,
Or how beloved above all else that dies.

Someone

Swair. said...

allah yer7ama...

True Faith said...

I heard that he was a good guy. And that he was really good with his parents and siblings.

الكل يذكره بالخير

الله يرحمه

Ra-1 said...

الله يرحمه ويصبرك :(

Anonymous said...

allah yer7ema..oo y9aber ahlah enshalla..
ena lelah wa ena elayhi raje3oon

Anonymous said...

An Irish Airman Foresees His Death

I know that I shall meet my fate
Somewhere among the clouds above:
Those that I fight I do not hate,
Those that I guard I do not love:
My country is Kiltartan Cross,
My countrymen Kiltartan's poor,
No likely end could bring them loss
Or leave them happier than before.
Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
A lonely impulse of delight
Drove to this tumult in the clouds;
I balanced all, brought all to mind,
The years to come seemed waste of breath,
A waste of breath the years behind
In balance with this life, this death.
W.B. Yeats

Allah yr7mik ya 3amir. Many friends mourn your absence. Their loss is my loss also.. you have left a void nothing can fill..
Noha

Kuwaiti Femme said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kuwaiti Femme said...

Amer was a dear dear dear friend. i shall miss him terribly. i just found out, and the shock is killing me. i pray he has eternal peace.

ananyah said...

I really can't believe 3amer is dead... he didn't deserve to die so young and it's really a shame. I just hope that he's peaceful. Everyone and anyone who knew him will never forget him... he will always have a place in our hearts.. allah yer7ama